- "Off the Street" Coffeehouse with the good folk music
- Planning a mini-Woodstock at the football field which the Dad's Club refused to allow after the Parish Council approved
- Fundraising for Bangladesh a la George Harrison
- Hanging out in the dark room
- Birthday parties, parties, and surprise parties!
- Having the two clowns visit me to cheer me up when I had mononucleosis
- Sister Helen's Chemistry and Physics classes
- Mrs. Reuter's English class
- Senior prank days
- Fun school, nice people
- Pet tarantula that I let crawl up Sr. Jacquie's arm
- Wild nights in the parking lot and excursions to Hines Park
- The Pre-Prom Boogie
- Ski team weekends
- Ms. Herbst’s Constitutional Law class
- A little loneliness
- Smoking a jay in the homecoming parade
- Football and basketball games and especially hockey!
- School dances
- Our senior trip to Washington DC; somebody got lost. Does anybody remember who???
- Just being a part of it was great!
- Cruising Outer Drive
- Lunch at New Palmers using fake ID
- Nuns & priests
- Doing plays: "Simple Joys Now and Then," "The Wizard of Oz" & "The King and I"
- Pep rallies- go Ravens!
- Goofy morning PA announcements
- Talent contests
- Long hair and just trying to be cool!
- Stuffing the VW
- The togetherness of the class is my favorite memory of Benny
- Holding back on my sexuality because "people would talk"- made up for it in college
- Fran & Jerry's Bar (lunches were great)
- Thirty lbs. less, more hair on top of my head, no gray hairs most of all, some great friends lasting friendships
- Good times involving a lot of activities and fun just being in school
- If my kids could even have half the fun/experiences that I had at Benedictine, I would be very pleased!
- Homecoming Parade floats going down Outer Drive; you don't see that anymore!
- Sister Ann Pat – who I thought was a tough teacher, but she actually was a good English teacher and encouraged me to write.
- Interviewing Jane Fonda for the school paper, The Raven
- Skipping school to go skiing and falling off the chair lift in midair
- Body painting a la "Laugh In" (and one time accidentally using permanent markers)
- Fraternizing with the public school children
- Slipping off to "bad neighborhoods" to purchase GIQ's and attend jazz concerts at Watts Mozambique Lounge
- Forays over to Canada and getting strip-searched at the Canadian border
- Being the first sophomore class to win the Homecoming float "We'll Rocket to the Top"
- Fr. Raphael encouraging everyone to sneak out of class when one of the students fell asleep in class
- Sr. Jacqie saying, "Let's rap"
- Ring Day
- Trips with Sr. Betty to the Plymouth State Home
- Gary Guerriero, the ultimate smart alec, teaching drafting
- Gil's Hamburgers, Kim's Gardens, Criegers, Family Buggy, Staffords, Knudsens Bakery
- Dances and hanging out at the Rosedale Park Community Center
- Flower parties for the floats
- The legal drinking age being 18 and hanging out at the Cartwheel Bar
- Art with Sr. Jacqie
- The smoke in the restroom
- Road trips
- Walking to school in the snow; my kids don't believe me!
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Controversial articles in the school paper
- Sylvia Swindlehurst teaching drama
- Abolishing the dress code
- Patchouli oil, love beads, bell bottom hip-hugger jeans
- Head shops - the Trading Post - where we could make our own candles and buy papers, pipes, and incense
- Getting thrown out of Latin
- Weekend wanderings through the deserted halls of Maybury Sanitarium
- Sneaking into the school in the middle of the night to put a toilet on the principal's desk
- The hilarious "Sandusky Disaster"
- Learning in sex education class that boys were toasters and girls were ovens; lots of laughing
- Feeling alienated & ostracized which I attribute to my ADD, a Napoleon complex, as well as my arrogant & obnoxious mouth
- Feeling justified in bigotry toward gay people, i.e. "Marion the Librarian"
- Mr. Cool getting PO'd because I misspelled his name
- Arguing with a priest over the issue of creationism vs. evolution
- My first and most innocent love who taught me how to kiss but we never went all the way. Why?
- Too many hours in detention hall because my teachers misunderstood my good intentions
- Watching a fellow classmate tear up detention slips & throw them as confetti at a basketball game to show contempt for the system
- Intricate covers to The Raven that communicated multiple agendas & not so subtle sarcasm
- Harboring a fugitive from his mom
- Caught liberating a chemistry scale for high minded goals
- Streaking on ice skates in front of my fantasy love
- A health snack at Grand Prix Beer & Wine consisting of grape pop or Mountain Dew, apple flavored Big Wad, and a package of HoHo's
- Eating breakfast at 3 a.m. at the Clock Restaurant
- The irony of having marriage class being the only class I failed at Benny, and yet I've been married for over 20 years
- Living in a moment of social transformation: the Vietnam War, the sexual revolution, women's liberation, emerging debate within the Catholic Church, witnessing our city's physical deterioration and racial polarization, dealing with sexual identity
- Observing an alarmed Ralph Fader as he realized that a bite had been taken out of his meticulously wax paper wrapped bologna sandwich made on Wonder Bread and generously seasoned with ketchup
- Everyone piling into Don Perkin's Volkswagen in the school gym
- People walking out of our reader's theater production of "Hair"
- The great comedy team of Markham & Moylan
- Carol Borsa's chocolate chip cookies
- Senior prank
- All the uproar over performing "Simple Joys, Now and Then" in church.
Reprinted from the 25th Anniversary Reunion booklet.